Hotel oversold & bookings.com take no responsibility

quickie1000's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Hotel oversold and bookings.com take no responsibility”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by quickie1000 (1 review written)

I booked a family holiday to Les Gets staying at Lagrange via bookings.comin Sept'13, out of the blue last Friday (3 weeks before we were due to stay there) received an email from bookings.com advising that my booking has been cancelled. After waiting 4 days (as the 24/7 hotel) was closed for a response to my query as to why, I still have not received a satisfactory response and one can only assume that Lagrange overbooked and decided to cancel our booking. We are now left with no accomodation and have already paid for our flights and ski equipment. Lagrange and Bookings.com shouldbe utterly ashamed with their lack of professionalism, service and customer care. Please save yourself stress, time and money DO NOT use them!

Booking.comteam's Response to quickie1000's Review

Written on: 29/01/2014

Hi there.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the property for your negative experience.
Could you please post your booking number so that I can investigate further?

Regards, Konstantina
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Quickie1000's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2014

373593658, bizarrely the accomodation have said that they no longer have a 6 person apt available but do have a 8 person apt but want to charge €600 more, they are accepting NO responsibility, the whole thing seems like a massive scheme trying to entice additional fees when booking.com and Lagrange no they have you over a barrell as everything else is now booked up!

Booking.comteam's reply to Quickie1000's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2014

Hello,

Thank you for providing your booking number. I have reviewed your reservation and see that you are currently working with my colleague to resolve the situation. Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,