Unhelpful, unreliable, lacking any liability

liana.rs's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Unhelpful, unreliable, lacking any liability”

Written on: 14/01/2014 by liana.rs (1 review written)

Had a horrendous experience through booking.com when I booked a hotel for Boxing Day in India for myself and my aunt.

Upon arrival we were immediately shocked by the level of dirt and filth throughout the hotel and took this up with the manager. The manager became aggressive, refused to let us speak to his superiors, refused to give us his full name and refused to let us leave without paying the full amount for the night.

After two hours of feeling utterly intimidated myself and my aunt gave up and paid the money for the nights stay and left to stay elsewhere.

Upon explaining this to booking.com, they took no liability for the fact that they displayed false advertising on their website and even blocked my attempts to leave a review on their website because we hadn't actually stayed the night there. They are clearly happy to take their commission and that's where the buck stops, if you, their customer, experience any problems then you're on your own!

Booking.comteam's Response to liana.rs's Review

Written on: 14/01/2014

Hi there,

I'm sorry you had troubles with the hotel booked. Can I please have your booking number? I would like to investigate this further and make sure to make all the necessary changes on the description of the property.

Regards, Chloe
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Booking.comteam's Response to liana.rs's Review

Written on: 15/01/2014

Hi Liana,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the property for your negative experience.
Could you please post your booking number? I would like to look into the issue for you.

Regards, Konstantina
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Liana.rs's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2014

347512017 - I have already complained to booking.com and they claim that they have contacted the hotel and the manager in question and were satisfied to close our complaint.

We were given the contact details for the hotel and sent a complaint to them- it has been more than a week and we have had no response.

As it is we have paid £200 for a night at a filthy hotel which we didn't use, being intimidated on our last night in India, as two women. We stayed in a number of hotels, all of which were just lovely, clean and helpful. Booking.com have claimed no liability whatsoever for the false representation of this hotel, or the fact that they are sending customers to a hotel where they may well be threatened and intimidated.