Unhelpful

Murray155's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Unhelpful”

Written on: 19/11/2013 by Murray155 (1 review written)

After losing my confirmation email I rang booking.com to get the details, they told me I had no booking with them for the date I had given only an old booking at an old address. I was charged a no show fee from the hotel and booking.com have told me they take no responsibility as they had no record of my call and that I must have given them the wrong email, which clearly wasn't the case otherwise they would have found no old bookings. I'm now 190 pound out of pocket with emails that have been rather insulting that helpful. I would not use them again.

Booking.comteam's Response to Murray155's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with our services. We are only able to locate reservations by booking number. If you are unable to provide a booking number we may be able to locate your reservation by the e-mail address you used. If we were unable to locate your reservation by the e-mail address provided, it's possible there was a typo when entering this data. I'd like to approach the hotel on your behalf to determine if there is anything they can do. Could you kindly provide your booking number for me?

Regards, Kelly
Booking.com Team

Murray155's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

Hi my reference number is 696450314 which I was given by the hotel after the charges had appeared on my bank account. I don't understand how a typo could have happened as the chap found an old booking with my old address and it was the same email address. I appreciate you trying the hotel again, I do believe though that this lies with booking.com.
Thanks & look forward to hearing from you soon.

Booking.comteam's reply to Murray155's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2013

Hello,

Thank you for your booking number. I will review and investigate this matter thoroughly and contact you via phone or email shortly.

Regards, Andrea