Booking.com should vet their list of recommended hotels

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Booking.com should vet their list of recommended hotels”

Written on: 28/10/2013

I used this site to book the Golden Beach Hotel in Blackpool as it seemed the ideal location and the right price. I had booked other hotels in other locations using Booking.com and always been pleased with the results, This time the Golden Beach Hotel was disgusting and not fit for a dog to sleep in. The room was so damp that it had been re-painted to try and cover up the mould but when you touched the walls your hand came away blood red from where the wall had not dried. The window sill was soaking wet where the rain came in during the night when it rained as the window would not shut. The curtains were soaking wet and the carpet was sodden so your feet were actually wet after walking in it, The room stank of damp and mould and just vile and disgusting and no bigger than a prison cell. PLEASE BOOKING.COM SCRUTINISE THE HOTELS YOU USE AS I FOR ONE WILL NOT TRUST YOUR WEBSITE EVER AGAIN....

Written on: 28/10/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. The hotels on our site provide all of their information, and we allow guests to leave unbiased reviews in the hopes that prospective guests know what to expect. I'd like to investigate your complaint further. Kindly provide your booking number for me.

Regards, Kelly

Dottyblake's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

Good afternoon. Thank you for your reply and I am pleased you are going to investigate further into my complaint. This place really should not be advertised as it ruins the reputation of Booking.com which I have used a few times in the past and have always been satisifed with. However until this disgusting vile place is taken off your recommendations I will not be using your website again

Written on: 31/10/2013

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your continued dissatisfaction in the quality of the room. Booking.com provides a wide array of hotels to meet the needs and budget levels of a variety of guest. As my colleague previous stated, reviews are left by guest who have stayed at the hotel. The reviews are disclosed to the public so that a guest can see what other guest of similar needs have said about their stay at the hotel.

I would like to assist you further. Can you please send me your booking number?

Regards,

Regi

Dottyblake's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2013

hello - sorry I omitted to leave my booking number on my reply - it is 237120984. i understand about meeting the needs and budget levels of customers but that hotel is uninhabitable so not even worth £1 a night. I look forward to your investigation into this place and your imminent reply. Thank you. Dot Blake

Written on: 01/11/2013

Hello,

Thank you for providing your booking number. I will be in contact with the hotel to investigate your complaint. I will contact you via phone or email with any updates.

Regards, Andrea