Don't even think about cancelling a reservation!

Alan_L58's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Don't even think about cancelling a reservation!”

Written on: 25/10/2013 by Alan_L58 (1 review written)

I recently booked a hotel room through this organization and had to cancel it... after all the ENTIRE website says "Free Cancellation". (This is one of the big reasons I used this site this time.)

When I went to cancel it, the cancellation went through just fine. However --- I received an email with the cancellation and it showed that the cancellation cost was the ENTIRE amount of the hotel stay. Including tax. Note that nowhere on the website did it mention this cost...

I understand hotels needing to have cancellation policies, however it seems to me that if a hotel has a non-standard one (greater than 24 Hours) this should be made clear on the website -- not hidden in a back link and not something that will just show up on my credit card.

I do a LOT of traveling. I'm a Southwest Airlines A-List Preferred, a Hilton Platinum, and a Hyatt gold member.

Neither I, nor anyone in my company will ever use this site again due to the fraudulent claims on the website.

Booking.comteam's Response to Alan_L58's Review

Written on: 25/10/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with out site. We try to make our site as transparent as possible. Each of our hotel partners provide their own policies. If a hotel offers a free cancellation option, there is always a time frame. To view this, you simply have to hover over the "?" mark in the conditions column. Additionally, after you choose the room, prior to confirming your details, it will state the latest possible time for cancellation under the room title. I'd be happy to approach the hotel on your behalf to determine if they will exceptionally refund you. Could you post your booking number for me?

Regards, Kelly