This company ruined my family's Turkey vacation

eldernancy's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“This company ruined my family's Turkey vacation”

Written on: 27/09/2013 by eldernancy (1 review written)

I am beyond disgusted with this service. They emailed me the day we are to check into our hotel that its cancelled? We were already in Turkey and I had booked the hotel reservations for my 8 family members 2 weeks prior! I will never use booking.com again! They single handily ruined a very expensive trip to Turkey for not one but 8 people. When we arrived we were told we had no room, no one at booking dot com was available or could be reached and we were told that booking.com cancelled the reservation not the hotel as you are trying to indicate. And we were to figure it out on our own!

I want Anyone who will listen to know how I got a confirmation from your site only to fly across the world and be left out on the street! No one who uses your service can ever know if the plans they thought they had are certain, so why on earth would anyone trust you? And you inform me the day I am to arrive? i booked this hotel more than two weeks ago! I spent the majority of that day crying as my family and I scrambled to figure out what we were going to do where we would sleep at night!

So far I have received ZERO RESPONSE. Tens of thousands of dollars were spent on this vacation and it was absolutely destroyed by an unprofessional company that is neither reliable nor do they stand behind their service.

Nancy Fitzgerald - Denver Colorado

Booking.comteam's Response to eldernancy's Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this.
I would like to check into this for you but I was not able to locate a booking under your name. Can you provide me with your booking number? You can post it here.

Regards,
Kristen

Booking.comteam's Response to eldernancy's Review

Written on: 28/09/2013

Hi,
I am sorry to hear the inconvenience you have had while using our services. A valid credit card is needed to guarantee a booking. I have found your reservation and I see that the hotel marked your credit card as invalid two weeks before arrival and requested you to change the details, but they unfortunately did not receive new details and had to cancel your booking according to their policy. I have received your e-mail and will reply to it shortly.
Regards, Angela

Eldernancy's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

It wasn't an inconvenience..it RUINED OUR VACATION. Unlike your company I was able to contact American Express and they said your company didn't run my credit card which is completely valid. You had two weeks to contact me BUT YOU DIDN'T. NO ONE AT YOUR COMPANY WAS AVAILABLE TO CONTACT THE DAY WE ARRIVED IN MARMARIS ...and we were out on the street. So far NO ONE FROM BOOKING.COM has contacted me until I wrote the review, and now I'm a priority??? To anyone who will listen I will scream DON'T USE BOOKING.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booking.comteam's reply to Eldernancy's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2013

Hi there,

I apologize for this bad experience you had. I am now in contact with the hotel to investigate this further. Kindly note that on Booking.com you can make reservations using Visa, Mastercard or American Express- even for hotels who do not accept such cards as payment method.I see on your confirmation email that indeed this property does not accept AMEX. However, as your reservation was non refundable the hotel required an alternative form of prepayment within 24 hours to confirm your reservation. Unfortunately, the hotel did not receive this booking after the notice that the card was not accepted. In addition, Booking.com does not charge credit cards. It is the hotel that needs a card to guarantee your booking. I will keep you posted about any news I will receive from the hotel.

Regards, Chloe