Expensive & unnecessary tel call from Booking.com

Lindaburnham's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Expensive and unnecessary tel call from Booking.com”

Written on: 19/09/2013 by Lindaburnham (1 review written)

Having made a number of reservations with Booking.com, I was both confused and extremely annoyed when one of their representatives telephoned my UK mobile to ask if I was still going to stay at a specific hotel this week. As I was in Canada when I took this call, it will cost me a lot of money apart from being a complete waste of my time.

I do not recommend Booking.com to anyone if these are the tactics they are using, and shall not be using their services again.

Booking.comteam's Response to Lindaburnham's Review

Written on: 19/09/2013

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you had been inconvenienced by our call. I don't know the reason why you were called, but as a service we also tend to call our guests if the hotel needs some extra information. If you preferred you could have asked my colleagues to send you an email instead. If you wish to discuss this further please provide me with your booking number and I will send you an email.
Regards, Mac
Booking.com Team

Lindaburnham's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2013

My booking number was 372621804. This has never happened to me before, and the phone call was totally unnecessary. I was and still am very annoyed. Your agent wanted to know if I still wanted to take up this reservation. If I had decided not to go ahead with the reservation, then I would have cancelled it. The phone call was not asking for new information, and the hotel, Moose Creek Inn knew of no reason why Booking.com should have placed that call to me.

I am very unhappy about the phone call, as I was in Canada, and not in the U.K. I do not see why I have to pay extortionate roaming charges for this unnecessary phone call, and will be grateful for being compensated accordingly.

Thank you.

Booking.comteam's reply to Lindaburnham's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2013

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear of your continued dissatisfaction. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have faced.
You will be contacted by our team as soon as possible.
Regards, Sergejs