No accounttability - daylite robbery, DO NOT USE BOOKING.COM

Mdt111's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“No accounttability - daylite robbery, DO NOT USE...”

Written on: 17/09/2013 by Mdt111 (2 reviews written)

Booked a room, no problem. Cancelled it in the agreed period, got charged the full amount of my stay.
Booking.com is referring me to the hotel as the hotel charged me the money.

However the hotel doesnt want to deal with me as the booking is managed by booking.com

I am stuck in middle and they have my money.

What a joke! Daylite robbery!!

Rather contact hotel directly!

Booking.comteam's Response to Mdt111's Review

Written on: 17/09/2013

Hi there,
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. Could you please post your reservation number? Our team is going to investigate what has happened and contact you shortly.
Regards, Sergejs

Mdt111's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

Booking number: 926454343

I cancelled on Friday the 13th(yikes!) using the online email form on your website, but I did not receive a notifications by Monday so spent 2 days trying to contact booking.com and the hotel to have the cancellation. Apparently your online form does not always work as booking.com claims that you did not receive the cancellation. After chasing the cancellation it went a day over the 7 day cancellation policy.

I cannot speak to anybody at Booking.com as they claim the hotel has my money and booking.com only manages the booking.
The hotel claims that they are under contract from booking.com and they cannot refund me.

My opinion is that I made and cancelled booking.com and they should accommodate me as per the agreements.

Bottom line is next weekend there is an empty hotel room in London and I am broke..

Booking.comteam's Response to Mdt111's Review

Thank you.
I have located your booking and I see that you contacted us regarding the cancellation during the period when the property had the right to fully charge you for cancelling. I will contact you shortly by phone or e-mail.
Regards, Konstantina

Mdt111's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2013

As I have already stated multiple times to you and your colleuges: I cancelled the day after booking using the online form on your website. There is however (conveniently) no record on your side of this. I asked your team to investigate the problem but nobody investigated the technical problem or gets back to me regarding this.

After receiving no cancellation confirmation, I contacted the hotel who says that they are under contract with you and cannot refund me.

You claim the hotel billed me and that you cannot refund me.

What a convenient business model. You bill people, but cannot refund them.

Rest assured, myself and everybody I know will not use your services again.

I will also post my experience on as many sites as I can find to warn other users of our malpractice. No wonder Booking.com is under investigation.

Booking.comteam's reply to Mdt111's Comment

Hello,

We are sorry that we could not help you this time. This matter has been discussed with you directly.

Regards,