Doesn't honor best price guarantee

Hoopydo's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Doesn't honor best price guarantee”

Written on: 08/09/2013 by Hoopydo (1 review written)

I booked a hotel through booking.com and found the same hotel, room and time for approximately $400 cheaper on another website. Booking.com merely contacted the hotel and asked if they would lower my room rate to match the lower rate I found. Of course the hotel would not agree to lower the rate. Why would the burden of honoring Booking.com's claim of best price guarantee be put on the hotel? Booking.com notified me that my best price guarantee claim was invalid because the hotel refused to lower the rate. I emailed booking.com the definition of the word guarantee and informed them that their use of the word is misleading at best but could be considered fraudulent. No response from booking.com after I sent that email. I will never do business with them again.

Booking.comteam's Response to Hoopydo's Review

Written on: 11/09/2013

Hi there,
I am sorry to learn about your experience. Could you please provide your reservation number? Be assured that I will forward your case to our 'Best Price Guaranteed' Team for further investigation.
Regards, Tal
Booking.com Team

Hoopydo's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2013

This is the response I received from the Best price Guarantee Team

Dear ....,

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

I am contacting you in response to your post on Feefo in regards to the Best Price Guarantee claim.

Certain restrictions come into play when making a BPG claim. The main criteria for a BPG claim is that the everything about the room has to be the exact same including the room type, dates of stay and the room conditions. I see that you booked a Non-refundable reservation which the conditions state that it can not be cancelled or modified.

Although the BPG claim was invalid, we contacted the hotel to see if they would exceptionally match the price as a goodwill gesture. Unfortunately the hotel did not agree based on the non refundable policy booked.

I am extremely sorry for the disappointment that this has caused you. We hope that despite this unfortunate situation, you will consider using our website in the future.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Booking.com Customer Service Team

The above email states that the main criteria for a BPG claim is that the everything about the room has to be the exact same including the room type, dates of stay and the room conditions. I met that criteria and provided proof that all conditions were the same. Yet my BPG claim was invalidated because the hotel wouldn't lower the booked rate. The hotel wasn't the one claiming to have a best price guarantee so the responsibility isn't on the hotel it's on Booking.com.

Booking.comteam's reply to Hoopydo's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2013

Hi there,
Thank you for your response. As mentioned on the email copied above, the room booked with Non-Refundable conditions, means it cannot be cancelled or modified free of charge. Please refer to the terms and conditions of our 'best Price Guaranteed' in the following link: http://bit.ly/13BOIBI ; If you have any questions feel free to contact me via customer.web@booking.com
Regards, Tal