Waterford Lodge Hotel Morpeth. Find a different hotel!

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Waterford Lodge Hotel Morpeth. Find a different hotel!”

Written on: 04/09/2013

Dreadful hotel, corridors smelled of sick, with dirty and damaged wallpaper. Bedroom large, but smelled of damp with evidence of water stained wallpaper in several places. No remote for TV, apparently previous guests had stolen the remotes, so we are penalised for that. The free Wifi is not available in bedrooms, or dining room, I went in search of it, but couldn't find a working spot other than at the reception desk.
Breakfast not available until after 8 am, which I know is not generally unreasonable, but we needed an early start and asked for an early breakfast, which was met with an unenthusiastic retort that they would see what the night manager could do......I suggested maybe some cereal, but was left not knowing what would, if anything, be provided.
Decided to go to Morrisons to buy cereal as a back up.
Pretty rude night duty manager.
I could never recommend this hotel, and in fact would rather sleep in my car than stay here.

I have given this a 1 star, only because it is a mandatory field, it does not deserve any star rating.

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear of the situation you recounted. I'd like to address your complaint with the hotel directly. Could you post your booking number for me?

Regards, Kelly