Booking failure

Angryman2345's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Booking failure”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by Angryman2345 (1 review written)

I booked one night for business 5 days in advance if a trip. Confirmation received all good. At 6:30 on the day I got a text message from the hotel alerting me to the fact that check in closes at 8pm. I would not have been arriving until later. Sorry nothing they can do when I call and as it is a late cancellation they will take the money from booking.com and to take it up with them.
I call booking.com and basically told by them that if i was booking something with my credit card I should have read the T&Cs as it is clearly visible on the website and confirmation letter that check in closes early. Thanks for the patronising life lesson but is is obviously not clear or I wouldn't have missed it. If it is so clear why do they feel the need to text people? If they are going to text to alert people to this why not do it on booking when I could have cancelled not 90 mins before its too late when Iose my money.

They get lots if people who pay but don't stay, that booking.com are colluding in?

Booking.comteam's Response to Angryman2345's Review

Written on: 21/08/2013

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear your dissatisfaction when using our services. I would like to inform you that policies are set by the hotels themselves and this includes the check in and check out times. Indeed this information is provided during the booking process and is also written on the confirmation email you received when you made the booking. I will make sure to pass your feedback though and make it more visible. I would be happy to investigate this further and see what I can do for you. Can you please post me your booking number?

Regards, Chloe
Booking.com Team

Mscsn's Response to Angryman2345's Review

Written on: 22/08/2013

I canceled a room that I booked with booking.com weeks ago and I still got charged for the 2 full nights and now they tell me I did not cancel, what a rip off.

Booking.comteam's reply to Mscsn's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of this situation. I'd like to help. Could you post your booking number for me?

Regards, Kelly