Don't believe what you read on their website!

ibegary's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Don't believe what you read on their website!”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by ibegary (1 review written)

We booked a room in Knoxville at the Holiday Inn Worlds fair park for our 38th anniversary. It was at the end of the trip we stayed in Knoxville, and I booked what I thought would be a NICE hotel for our last couple of nights. Booking.com website showed that the King rooms (and others) were all 500 square feet....which is a good sized room and what I expected. What I received was a room about 1/3 that size...the door to the bathroom only missed the toilet by less than a couple of inches....the bathroom too was tiny. Although it was a decent location downtown, could have done better for the price paid. Contacted the Hotel and Booking.com....by email. Hotel never responded after 2 attempts....and Booking.com responded with "the hotels themselves are responsible for all the information provided to you". Well the hotel website didn't list the size of the rooms....but booking.com website did falsely list the information.
Since when is it someone else's responsibility to keep YOUR website with correct information. Here it is almost a month later and still shows wrong info on their website.....I think they keep it there strictly for the reason to have to book with them....vs. competitor or even the hotel directly. Watch what you read.

Booking.comteam's Response to ibegary's Review

Written on: 19/08/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please note the hotel loads their information onto our website. We are a marketing site for the hotels and the hotel is responsible for the accuracy of the information the promote on our website.

I would like to look into this further. Can you please provide me your booking number so that I can assist you?

Regards,

Regi
Booking.com Team

Ibegary's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Downtown Worlds Fair Park (846731805)

Booking.comteam's reply to Ibegary's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2013

Hello,

Thank you for providing this information. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue caused. I'm going to contact the appropriate department to have this discrepancy addressed.

Regards, Kelly