Booking.com is a FRAUDULENT company. Do not use!!

shubhrog's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Booking.com is a FRAUDULENT company. Do not use!!”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by shubhrog (1 review written)

Booking.com features lots of room reservations with "Free Cancellation" and "Pay when you stay" terms, but actually this is a dirty marketing ploy. They bury the actual cancellation policy deep in the fine print in their booking confirmation email. I got a very nasty surprise when I cancelled a reservation 2 days after making the booking and more than a week before my planned stay. Only then did I find out that the cancellation was not free after all and my credit card was charged for the full reservation amount as cancellation charge!! I called them and they refused to accept any responsibility. They are cheats, making a buck out if misleading customers - really the worst kind if business one can imagine. Do not use Booking.com...there are plenty of alternatives that are reputable businesses, not a fraudulent business like Booking.com.

Booking.comteam's Response to shubhrog's Review

Written on: 16/08/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. All cancellation and deposit policies are listed under the "conditions" column prior to booking. We are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address any concerns you have. I'd like to look into this further for you. Could you provide your booking number for me?

Regards, Kelly
Booking.com Team

Booking.comteam's Response to shubhrog's Review

Written on: 17/08/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I have located your reservation and will contact you shortly by phone or email.

Regards,

Regi
Booking.com Team

Shubhrog's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 24/08/2013

Booking.com has not made amends for defrauding me. All I've got is are useless "responses" and customer service calls just to tell me "we can't do anything".