Rip-off cancellation fee - avoid ike the plague

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Rip-off cancellation fee - avoid ike the plague”

Written on: 12/08/2013

A member of staff booked three hotel rooms for a business trip for me but accidentally selected the wrong date. He realised his mistake and cancelled within minutes but booking.com charged us £80 for this! How on earth can they justify such a ridiculously high price for a booking that had only been live for a few minutes?!? We would have changed to a different date with booking.com, but after this totally extortionate fee we have gone with a hotel from lastminute.com instead. I will happily accept that there are admin fees involved in changing a booking, regardless of how long ago the booking was made, but £80 is way off the mark. Profiteering from a simple mistake is not the way to treat previously loyal customers. Will not be using them again. Absolutely disgraceful.

Hi there.
I'm sorry to hear this. The hotels are responsible for creating their own cancellation policies. We always try to negotiate with them in order to assist our guests as much as we can but the final decision is up to the property. Could you please post your booking number so that I can investigate this further?

Regards, Konstantina

Rwalley's Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your swift reply. Our booking no. was 429281214

Hello,

Thank you for your booking number. I will be in contact soon via phone or email.

Regards, Andrea

Rwalley's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

No response to date from anyone at booking.com.

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay. We haven't received a response from the hotel yet regarding your reservation. I will gladly follow up with them and ask if they will exceptionally waive the cancellation fee on this occasion.

Regards, Kelly