horrible Sterling resort hotel got 4 stars from booking.com

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“horrible Sterling resort hotel got 4 stars from...”

Written on: 12/08/2013

Sterling resort hotel in Panama City Beach called Calypso got 4 star rating from Booking.com reviewers and we had a terrible experience. First of all there is no one in the lobby to assist late check in, past 10 pm. You have to call a number and go through a maze of selections before you can talk to an actual person. We got codes to get into a parking garage and into our room, with a lot of difficulty and a lot of calling back and forth. Our room had horrible flooring. Seriously, it is not even safe to let people stay in that place. There where broken tiles covered by dusty mats. I was afraid my little kids would have a cut walking barefoot through the tiles. There was a big ugly stain in the carpet, right in the middle of the room. The floor was totally disgusting - like it wasn't vacuumed at all. The decor was outmoded =- stuck in the 90's and the upholstery is faded and torn. It is unbelievable that we paid just under 300 dollars a night. If you want to call the front desk - forget about it because the phone does not work. I had to use my cell phone to call them and of course I was once again directed to the Sterling resort phone maze for 3 cycles - I didn't get to talk to a person at all.

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I have located the hotel website and see that the hotel did provide the information of what should be done if a guest requires a check in outside of office hours.

I would like to look into you complaint further. Can you please provide me with your booking number so that I can assist you?

Regards,