Hidden charges/taxes when booking through booking.com

Tsheps's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Hidden charges/taxes when booking through booking.com”

Written on: 09/08/2013 by Tsheps (1 review written)

We booked out hotel in Orlando at a rate of £1100 for two rooms (9 night stray). Very shocked to see that we were actually charged over £1400 on credit card. This is for hotel taxes and other fees added in by hotel. Most travel companies have total price ti be paid when booking.....not booking.com. They deceive you into thinking you have found a good deal and do not show final estimate. Stay away or be prepared to add on extra for taxes. We booked another hotel recently via hotels.com which do show correct price estimate.

Booking.comteam's Response to Tsheps's Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. The hotels are the ones to decide whether all taxes and extra charges are displayed inclusive the rate. If it's not included it's always displayed on the website. There are no hidden charges. Please let me know if you'd like me to assist you with anything.
Regards, Mac
Booking.com Team

Tsheps's Response to Tsheps's Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

Therer are definitely hidden charges as all booking companies give full and final cost of hotel with taxes. Booking.com doesn't which is deceiving.

Booking.comteam's reply to Tsheps's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2013

Hi there,
Thanks for your getting in touch. I would like to investigate this further as my colleague has already explained that all information is displayed during the booking process. Can I please have your booking number? It is common in the US properties, the taxes to be excluded and this is communicated to the customer in advance. I'm looking forward to your reply.
Regards, Chloe