Generally great but improvements possible.

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Generally great but improvements possible. ”

Written on: 18/06/2013

Stop publishing that patronising message stating that IT IS PARTICULARLY BUSY HERE AND PRICES MIGHT BE HIGHER THAN NORMAL. Having just booked numerous places on my last trip and now in the process of planning the next, just tell me where all these people have come from because then I can go there and presumably get really cheap prices because its empty!!!

Also, apart from reading ALL the small print (who really does that), the first mention of pre authorisation only comes AFTER you have committed. OK for a single night somewhere but if you are booking multiple hotels then all the pre authorisation amounts can be a real pain in managing your money. Tell people clearly, up front, in big bold letters that this happens.

I like the service but if I can find another without the annoying niggles above, I would change in an instant. Why let people make that decision, you have a good product, don't spoil it by treating your customers either like idiots ( because it really wasn't that busy in many of the places I stayed) or by hiding important details until after the commit button has been pressed.

So over to you guys. I hope that you at least respond. Regards Rick.