Hotel Eder, Munich, Germany

EuanGMason's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Hotel Eder, Munich, Germany”

Written on: 11/12/2012 by EuanGMason (1 review written)

My teenaged daughter arrived in Munich during mid-winter, a day later than expected due to a lack of clarity on her itinerary. Hotel Eder staff had let her room out to someone else, and charged her 80% of three days' accommodation. She was jet lagged and distressed. They wouldn't even let her use the phone. I called booking.com, who said it was the hotel's policy. I talked to the manager of the hotel who said it was booking.com's policy. I asked him how he would feel if his teenaged daughter travelled to New Zealand and the hotel took her money but provided absolutely no service. He said I was talking about a hypothetical! I called booking.com again who called him while I was on hold and he DENIED saying it was booking.com's policy. A better policy would be that if a guest doesn't arrive for a multiple day booking, the room is held until the retained money runs out. That way, my daughter would have had a room when she arrived in Munich. The hotel would have lost nothing. Now she suffered deep distress, she has lost money unfairly, and the hotel's reputation is in tatters. Don't stay there.

Booking.comteam's Response to EuanGMason's Review

Written on: 11/12/2012

Hello EuanG Mason,

I am so sorry to hear about this experience.

If you would like us to get to the bottom of this, please post your booking number, and we will try to assist you as best possible.

Thanks,