Best hotel booking site - two minor things

saviwise's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Best hotel booking site - two minor things”

Written on: 05/12/2012 by saviwise (1 review written)

Booking.com is the best hotel booking website I have ever used, it's fast, easy, and consistently beats others in price (the price shown is always inclusive of taxes and charges). In my view it also has the best range of hotels in many countries. Great features include:

- Address in local language often provided for airport taxi etc.
- Online cancellation at the click of a button, no questions asked (unless non-refundable option taken with hotel).
- Credit card not hit for the whole amount on day of booking, payment not usually taken until either check in or check out.
- Customer service centre: changed my reservation dates for a hotel in Laos at a days notice, at no cost (with the hotel's agreement) and confirmed by email within 4 hours of my email request. That's service.

Two suggestions for the website:

- Maybe I'm being a dork, but I find it really hard to 'refine' my hotel search by hotel name. For example, often if put in the name of a hotel in the 'refine my search' box, I end up on a new page indicating that a town somewhere in the US has no available rooms, even though my main search is in, for example, Bangkok (I have even copied and pasted a hotel name from the page I'm on to check my spelling). In fact, having just tested the above by inputting in the word 'Sofitel', it appears that refined searching only works for US addresses.

- When I use the sliding bar to adjust my search within a price range, often the search results give one page of the lowest priced hotels in that range, but miss out a whole host of others that are clearly available within the criteria. This issue makes this tool redundant as it is necessary to organise the rooms available by price manually, which in turn means that the user loses the 'recommended' listing order.

The above are minor technical quibbles in the context of value and service however. Keep up the good work.

Booking.comteam's Response to saviwise's Review

Written on: 06/12/2012

Hi Saviwise,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.
I will forward your suggestions to the relevant department for review.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional information.

Regards,