Modifying booking on this occasion impossible

keentraveller56's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Modifying booking on this occasion impossible”

Written on: 27/11/2012 by keentraveller56 (1 review written)

I have just tried to modify my booking to 2 nights instead of 3 at a hotel and it would not allow me to do that through the Modify Booking section so I have had to cancel the original booking and rebook. Fortunately the rate for the room hasn't increased.

I have used Booking.Com quite a bit recently but would probably try another site in future.

Also, I agree with another reviewer that it would be better to show the cost of the room including tax. Other sites do this.

On the plus point, Booking.com's website is very clear and easy to read.

Booking.comteam's Response to keentraveller56's Review

Written on: 27/11/2012

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback!
I will forward your suggestions to the relevant departments.
In the future, if you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service - http://bit.ly/SI2AF8 , we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Tal
Booking.com Team

Keentraveller56's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2012

Thanks Tal. The hotel I was booking said they only had one room left so I was anxious not to lose that so I thought it might be quicker to cancel the entire booking and rebook.

It might be clearer on the 'modify booking form' if it stated 'Cancel entire booking' or 'cancel part of the booking' - it's a bit scary to think you might be cancelling the entire booking in case the hotel is full.

Booking.comteam's reply to Keentraveller56's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Sometimes it is not possible to modify a booking and to change the dates due to lack of availability and/or various restrictions.
On those occasions it is always better to contact our customer service department, reachable 24/7, and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,