Still waiting for refund

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach,, 32413
8502348887

Daisy808's review of BookIt.com www.bookit.com

“Still waiting for refund”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by Daisy808 (1 review written)

So far I have not been happy with the service through BookIt.
It's been rather disappointing!

I live on Oahu and often book a weekend getaway to Waikiki.
I had booked 2 nights at the Equus Hotel.
I showed up to the hotel and they had no information on me or the room I booked!
The hotel manager said that they, The Equus, had been booked for days, with NO vacancies!

Then the manager tried to put me up in a room that was MUCH less quality than the Equus!
Unbelievable!
The room was disgusting!!! I didn't even want to take my shoes off and put my feet on the stained, old, dirty carpet in the room!!

I went back to the hotel manager asking for a refund!
Rene, the manager, said "no problem".

It's been 10 days and I still have not received a refund!
First time I called BookIt, I was told that "we need to figure out who is doing the refund......BookIt? or Equus??"
After a very long time on hold, BookIt was unsuccessful in getting a hold of the manager.
I was told that BookIt and the hotel, Equus cannot take care of this on their own without me being on the line!
That is ridiculous!

Now, I just called BookIt again! And I'm told it will need to be "reviewed", and IF I am to get a refund it will take 15-20 business days after review!

This is NOT acceptable!
I would like an immediate refund for the room that I never stayed in!

Finally, I did get an email from BookIt showing the "change in status" for the room I booked.
This change was "Reservation cancelled per guest request".
That's absurd! How could I cancel a room that was never made available to me!

Bookit.com's Response to Daisy808's Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

We saw your review on another site. As stated there, please email your name and booking ID to us. We hear you and will look into this matter. Thank you!