You pay book-it.com but they don't pay the resort!!!!

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach,, 32413
8502348887

Miller_tyme's review of BookIt.com www.bookit.com

“You pay book-it.com but they don't pay the resort!!!!”

Written on: 02/10/2013 by Miller_tyme (1 review written)

Made & paid for trip to Las Vegas Venetian. Upon arrival we were told that BOOK-IT.cim credit card was declined on Friday ( we arrived Tuesday) and had not been able to be charged. Resulting in our reservation being cancelled!!!!!
The staff at Venetian was WONDERFUL stating these types of situations make everyone look bad. The Venetian worked with us to make accommodations. Stating that it could take up to 2 days for Book-it.com's financing to be rectified with the possibility it would be declined once again. This was NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAD OCCURSD AT THE VENETIAN IN DEALING WITH BOOK-IT.COM. Accounting representatives at the Venetian have reassured us that in previous occurrences the guests did get a refund from Book-it.com.
Overall the embarrassment, time involved in trying to just get into our room & the difficulties involved there is NO WAY IN HEAVEN & EARTH we will make any travel arrangements with Book-it.com in the future.

Bookit.com's Response to Miller_tyme's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

Miller_Tyme,
Unfortunately we do sometimes have mechanical issues where our cards do work yet our system may be down which will result in showing a declined card. We understand how frustrated you were. Please email your name and booking ID to social@bookit.com so that we may try to resolve this. Thank you!

Miller_Tyme's reply to Bookit.com's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

I understand & appreciate mechanical issues. I have emailed & have received no response.
Additionally I was on the phone with your representative, who put me on hold for over 5 minutes and then told me it had been resolved. Problem is it has not been resolved, we have had to pay for our stay at The. Venetian. Twice now,because we paid Book-it.com first. A refund would be appreciated . It has so far been impossible to speak to a "live" person together any resolution.

Bookit.com's reply to Miller_Tyme's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2013

We received your email and passed it on to our resolution team. Please be patient and they will be in contact as soon as possible.

54Bono's Response to Miller_tyme's Review

Written on: 04/10/2013

I had the same situation in NYC, and got the same response from BookIt, i.e. send us the name and booking info and we will resolve this. Did that and no response.

54Bono's Response to Miller_tyme's Review

Written on: 04/10/2013

I had the same situation in NYC and got the same response from BookIt. Wrote them with details and NADA.