A $200 mistake I won't make again

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach,, 32413
8502348887

jfeld's review of BookIt.com www.bookit.com

“A $200 mistake I won't make again”

Written on: 09/07/2013 by jfeld (1 review written)

BUYER BEWARE with BookIt.com.

I booked a hotel in Chicago on the site. Later, my dates changed and I needed to book an extra day. I ended up finding a better hotel, in a better location (also on BookIt)—so rather than stay at a different place for one day and then move, I checked to see if I could cancel my original res and re-book a new one.

I read the cancellation policy VERY CAREFULLY before changing anything because I didn't want to be charged ridiculous fees. It said there would be a $19.95 cancellation fee as long as I canceled before the 9th (original res was to start on the 10th). So I went ahead, booked the new hotel, and canceled the first one. But then I got the confirmation email: I was charged $19.95, plus one night's charge, for a total of about $200. So I called customer service.

After 20 minutes on hold, I spoke with a woman who (to her credit) tried to be helpful but told me she couldn't do anything because she couldn't see the screen with the cancellation policy I'd read. And then, 30 minutes later, I got an automated email from the company asking me to leave reviews about my experience with them on a few different sites. Why, don't mind if I do... using BookIt was a $200 mistake I won't be making again.