Dishonest business practice..BEWARE

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach,, 32413
8502348887

Laughlinchavez's review of BookIt.com www.bookit.com

“Dishonest business practice..BEWARE”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by Laughlinchavez (1 review written)

Booked a room using this service. Was given a choice of hearing the terms and conditions page verbally or to receive via email. I asked it to be emailed. Soon after I received 5 of the same email. I read the email and saw no personalized information aside from the booking number and my name. I didn't see any link to further info on any of the documents. Hidden among these missing documents were hidden fees...that were revealed when I attempted to check in at 4:00. $140.00 additional, on top of 275.00. The resort told me I had to pay the fees or "bookit will screw you and you will lose all of your money"....I called bookit and spoke to an agent from bookit and was told I would receive a refund or future stay voucher for the resort in 72 hours...5 days later I called and they are not willing to own any of their mistakes. Additionally, bookit stated that I could check in at 4pm. The resort said "oh no check in "starts at 4pm we will call you when your room is ready". At nearly 7pm and about the time we sat down to dinner, my phone rang"...we didn't get into our room until nearly 9pm. A prompt 9:45 am call from the front desk to make sure we would be ready to check out was a shock considering the circumstances. The resort could care Less and bookit could care less as well! I'm out nearly 500.00. WHAT A JOKE!!!! [name removed] , [name removed] and the supervisor [name removed] ..thank you for nothing! 500.00 for less than 12 hours in the room..should have booked the Ritz!