Worst Travel Store EVER !!!

Clarisa's review of Best Travel Store www.bt-store.com

“Worst Travel Store EVER !!!”

Written on: 29/09/2013 by Clarisa (1 review written)

Hi there,
On saturday night I decided to try this new site "Best" Travel Store and give it a shot ... wrong idea!
I bought the ticket and I am used to receive the confirmation in my email 5 to 15 minutes later but this time I received instead a message saying they would check my credit card and let me know if the ticket would be confirmed.
I thought that process would take 24 hours (more than usual taking in consideration the technology in communications we have now a days). Almost 48 hours after I bought the ticket on their site (and after at least 4 emails from my side saying I did not want another airline or time) they sent me an email saying it was impossible for them to confirm the ticket because they could not reach my bank B.S. They asked me if I would accept another plane ticket for extra $10 and I said NO.
First and last time I use their site to buy a plane ticket. I booked my ticket in 3 minutes in Orbitz and got the confirmation email in 7 minutes. That is good service.
I DO NOT RECOMMENT Best Travel Store.

By Administrator

Written on: 16/10/2013

We regret that your case was not handled properly due to a combination of unusual circumstances as we explain below. We wish to offer you a $50 future credit to try us out and see why we have over 20% returning customer rate that is among the best in business.

Your payment was flagged for verification due to cardholder last name not matching that of the passenger. Our verification department called your bank immediately after we received your reservation but was receiving only automated responses in Spanish. This was late Friday PDT. Your payment was thus flagged for verification on Saturday when a Spanish speaking verifier was available. Unfortunately the original flight you booked was cancelled by Lan Airlines overnight since we did not issue your ticket due to the unverified payment. Having realized that the reservation was auto cancelled our agents searched for alternatives within the booked price range and found almost identical American Airlines flights for just $10 more, departing just a few minutes within the original Lan departures. You should have been offered an inconvenience discount, and not asked to pay the minimal difference in fare.

Regarding Orbitz, they do have a more liberal credit card payment verification policy, since they are able to absorb significantly more in fraudulent losses compared to us. This is due to their size. However, we typically outperform Orbitz on discount international fares by a wide margin. We offer better deals at the expense of more stringent payment verification. Something has to give, either you accept more risk by not verifying all credit card payments and pass this risk onto consumers via higher fares, or you apply more stringent verification, possibly causing customer inconvenience, especially in case of foreign issued cards.

Please accept our apology for this incident and use your order number O-2B102062 as reference for your $50 discount with your next purchase.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.