Horrible customer service & payment verification

Guest's review of Best Travel Store www.bt-store.com

“Horrible customer service and payment verification”

Written on: 13/08/2013

I will never use this site again, and I would not recommend others use it. We were traveling with an infant, and requested specific seats, which were not translated to the airline. When I requested specific seats via email, considering the travel with an infant, they sent a generic response. The payment verification system, if you do not have verified by Visa, is onerous. I had to fill out 8 pieces of paper, and then they decided that I also had to confirm verbally, which they had not advised me about before. Although they understood that I lived in Nairobi, they called me twice in the middle of the night, and then told me I had to call them within 2 hours (in the middle of the night) or I would lose the reservation. HORRIBLE!

By Administrator

Written on: 28/08/2013

When you select seats on your booking our system warns you that seat reservations you submit online are not guaranteed due to possible airline restrictions that might reject specific seat requests. We do not know these restrictions in advance and a specific seat assignment can only be verified and confirmed after it is submitted to the airline for processing, once your reservation is paid for and transmitted to the airline. In case your specific seat assignment is not confirmed by the airline you will still get a seat onboard the booked flight-it just might not be the specific seat you asked for. In such case we suggest you arrive early for flight check-in when there are still plenty of unassigned seats you can request directly from the airline staff. Credit cards issued within the United States and Canada that support and pass billing address verification when the cardholder is paying for his/her own reservation only are accepted after we ensure that the name on the card you provide matches the name on file with your bank. All other cards are accepted for payment after you submit to us copies of your card, and the most recent credit card billing statement. We use these documents to authenticate you as the true cardholder and in case of credit card chargeback disputes with the card issuing bank. We have zero tolerance for suspicious credit card activity or invalid chargeback requests. This purpose of this policy is to keep our airfares low by ensuring that the purchases you make are valid and legitimate, and thus avoiding unnecessary loss. The universal credit card authorization form that we ask you to fill out consist of only 1 page and only 4 mandatory fields to be filled in. As a courtesy we call the credit card holder to authenticate the purchase and make sure the true card holder is aware of the transaction. If we called at an inconvenient time is due to immediate ticketing that may be required by the airline as the fare is not guaranteed until the reservation is paid for and ticketed.