BTS misleading language leads to loss of $1200 ticket.

Guest's review of Best Travel Store www.bt-store.com

“BTS misleading language leads to loss of $1200 ticket.”

Written on: 15/08/2012

I had to cancel a ticket for international flight Chicago-Germany-Chicago due to personal reasons in Sep.2011. I was informed that the value of my ticket, which is about $1200, is valid for one year. The exact reply from BTS customer service was as follows: "You have up until August 20th, 2012 to apply the value of this ticket towards a new reservation, using the same airline, same destination and same passenger’s name upon payment of $350.00 used reissue fee plus fare difference if any." So on the 23rd of July 2012, just before re-booking and using my ticket I inquired the customer service about the deadline and I received the following reply: "The deadline to exchange the ticket and to travel is August 20th, 2012." I re-booked the ticket on August 8, 2012 with the trip start on 8/19/2012. On 8/13/2012 I receive the email from BTS customer service stating that my ticket has been cancelled. Then I found out on the phone from their customer service rep. that I can't re-book my ticket since not only the re-booking has to be completed by 8/20/20 2012 but also the return flight has to be completed before 8/20/2012. I was shocked. I inquired multiple times in writing and on the phone in re my ticket deadlines and re-booking options and none of the BTS reps provided the most important deadline information i.e. deadline of completing the trip. It is $1200 ticket I have lost. When I asked about this misleading language, the BTS customer rep said that they just forward emails that they get from the airlines. If the airlines (Lufthansa) language is misleading, BTS feels like it is BTS customer's problem but not BTS's. I feel cheated by BTS. I feel ripped off and very disappointed. Do not buy tickets here. This company does not care about it's customers. My ticket order was O-B29344 in case anyone in BTS cares.