Written on: 03/03/2013 by aamy24 (1 review written)
This happened to some other friends since so i thought i better right a review and warn everybody!
1) We went onto the beach collections website and found an excellent deal for a holiday to Greece. We searched round the web and could not find a better deal.
2) We went back to beach collections to book 2 rooms, however when we tired to search for two rooms again the website would not let us. We couldn't find the deal any cheaper elsewhere so booked the first room and the second room in two transactions.
3) we received a phone call from beach collections the next day, basically telling us that the flight was booked up, the rooms werent available... all sorts of excuses which sounded very suspicious. The phone operator tried to make me book a holiday with a two star hotel at the same price we'd be quoted for the 4 star hotel. (for some reason with this holiday, he could get all 6 of us on the same flight as we wanted to book originally, which before was apparently 'booked up')
4) I decided i did not want to do this and tried to cancel the holiday. I was told i could not cancel the first room as this was confirmed and already booked, I can only cancel the second. So i cancelled the second room and booked the same holiday with sunshine.com (i rang to see if the holiday was definitely there and they were very helpful and assured me that it was as the site was live). Here I thought the holiday was sorted, we had all booked on the same holiday however with difference companies
5) I was wrong. I got another phone call from beachcollections telling me that I had just booked the last three seats on the plane with sunshine.com, even though he had told me this first booking was confirmed!!!! (and flights were still available on there website and other websites) at this point i was very distressed and believed i had messed the trip up for all of my friends (the phone operated shouted this down the phone to me). I finally managed to cancel everything with beach collections!
6) i went back onto sunshine.com and the holiday was still there and at the same price so we ended up booking the whole holiday with them
I do not usually go out of my way to write reviews however was messed about so much with this company and spoken to like rubbish. i thought i best let other know.
A COUPLE OF TIP IF YOU DO WANT TO BOOK WITH THEM OR
NEVER make two separate bookings of the same party with them or you'll get in the same trouble we did. The prices quoted on the website ARE NOT the price they can give you the holiday for. If you do book with them expect a phone call offering you a holiday at the same price but with a cheaper hotel. If they tell you the hotel or flights are booked up, this will be a lie, cancel the holiday and book the same flight elsewhere.
Just an additional note expressing how helpful sunshine.com were. I was really worried about booking with them as beachcollections told me it was the same company even though sunshine.com ensured me that this was not true.
I know the prices look great, so there's probably no harm in trying to book with them. If you get a phone call however, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!
As rated by real users
" Kings way Hall Hotel is located really close to Covent Garden and P... " Read More
" Brilliant holiday with everything sorted " Read More
" Fantastic short break " Read More
" Unit in Paris " Read More
" Andorra " Read More
Written by landed