Dreadful airport service & they just don't care

svMcCallum177's review of Balkan Holidays

“Dreadful airport service and they just don't care”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by svMcCallum177 (1 review written)

Booked package through Balkan. Arrived at the airport today to be told on check in that there was just over a 6 hour delay. No food vouchers given and told we may not get through to departures. Luckily I did. I am writing this as I sit In The lounge (which I am so glad I booked). The flight is still not on the departure board and has also now disappeared off the Ap. Rather than leave the lounge I rang Balkan. They said initially it was cancelled, now saying they are sending another aircraft. The severe lack of information is a joke and I for one still have no meal/drink vouchers.

I also pre-booked extra legroom seats and paid for these. At check in I was told I would have to write to get my money back as it is a free for all and no seats are allowed to be reserved.

So far nothing good to say about Balkan and I haven't even flown yet

Dgould50's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2014

I too was on this flight. The delay ended up being 9 hours although we did receive £13 in meal vouchers but that did not cover what we spent. At no time did a representative from Balkan Holidays come to explain what was happening, when we might fly, what was the reason for the delay or simply to apologise for our inconvenience. We should have landed in Varna at 3.40pm local time. As some poor holidaymakers on our transfer bus had lost luggage and we had to wait for them to fill in the forms etc, we eventually arrived at our hotel at 2.30am, 11 hours after we should have landed.

Balkanholidays's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some aspects of your holiday. Balkan Holidays is very proud of the level of service we offer to our customers and, therefore, I do hope you will accept our sincere apologies if we have let you down in any way.

Please write to our Customer Services Department who will be more than happy to conduct an investigation.

Balkanholidays's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

In addition to thanking you in advance for the important feedback you have given us, we we would like to be afforded the opportunity to try and address the key points you have made. However it is disappointing that you felt it necessary to write on a third party site before addressing us directly and affording us the opportunity to address your concerns.