Don't book with Agoda!

Guest's review of Agoda - www.agoda.com

“Don't book with Agoda!”

Written on: 25/11/2013

Two out of the three hotels we booked with Agoda during our trip through Indonesia were a big disapointment.
The first hotel in Penang, The Lone Pine Resort, had a beautiful swimming pool (the main reason we booked this hotel!) but unfortunately the pool was closed, due to some unclear reason. The room was also below our expectation, old and very poor furniture and bathroom. Also there was no breakfast possibility in this hotel(??). Fortunately, we only stayed there for 1 night.
The other hotel in Langkawi, Green Village Langkawi Resort, was even worse! It is no more than a backpackers hotel (ever showered above the toilet??) and we left immidiately, although we already paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights and moved to the Sunset Beach Hotel which was lovely.
The third hotel however, The Equatorial Bangi Hotel in Kuala Lumpur was excellent and good value for money.

However, my point is that Agoda does not give honest information about the hotels, the information is incorrect and they do tend to make everything look much nicer on their website.

I will never book with them again, that's pretty obvious!
And also, I heard from several staffmembers in the hotels that they also had many complaints with Agoda.