search for lowest airfare

Guest's review of ASAP Tickets Services www.asaptickets.com

“search for lowest airfare”

Written on: 30/06/2013

I was too naive to believe that a travel agent will give me the lowest airfare possible. Next time I should know better. Since a lot of sites online offer competitive rates, I will just do a flight search myself then book it myself. DIY! The travel agent didn't actually look for the best rate for me; instead, just matched the price I found on one website because the rate being quoted to me was higher -- but exactly the same itinerary. So, who did the work then? And two days later I came across a website whose rate is even $45 cheaper, than the low price I found earlier that the TA matched! Exactly the same itinerary! Seach for the lowest fare is best done DIY style, especially if one has time to do a search/research. Next time I won't need a TA and I will not look for airfares at asap tickets. I didn't find the call-an-agent helpful -- even the promo code was misleading. Lesson learned; charge to experience!

Asapsupport's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2013

Dear Customer,

Thanks you for your feedback!
We believe, that the agent did look for the best rate for you. The number of possible airlines and flight combinations, which serve your route are limited (more or less, depending on departure and destination airports). In most of the cases our agents know the best possible flight combinations without any researches, just from their experience. Because of that you had the impression, that the agent just copied the flight which was found by your self. Looks like, you already have found the best and the cheapest flight option
The airline tickets prices always depend on seat availability for each particular flight. What probably happened in your case is that, when you checked the same flight in 2 days, the airline cleared more cheaper seats on that flight. That's why you were able to find even cheaper price for exactly the same itinerary. If you would get back to us with that cheaper itinerary, we would match that price also.
Also, there are a lot of situations, when the agent is very helpful – for complicated multi-city flights, open-jaw flights, when departure is on the same day, large groups travel, flying to smaller and not popular airports, arranging an overnight stop etc.
Feel free to reach us with any further questions or inquiries and thanks again for your feedback!

Iqguy's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

I agree. The complain customer is likely a frequent flyer know of airline rate can change anytime. Would they be happier if they find that the next day all charge higher rate instead of lower? Even, the use of future price prediction can fail...