Great booking experience

PhilippaDerby's review of A1 Travel www.a1travel.com

“Great booking experience”

Written on: 13/11/2013 by PhilippaDerby (1 review written)

Very helpful staff when I was trying to book a surprise birthday visit for my partner to Berlin. The lady went to a lot of trouble to look at different flight and hotel options to ensure that the price, ease of travel and accommodation were right for us. All our travel and accommodation documents were promptly sent and the travel element of my booking went very smoothly. However, the day before we travelled I was informed that there was a problem with the Hotel we booked, the Savoy, and that we could not in fact stay there. The Savoy moved us to another hotel which they said was of a comparable standard. The replacement hotel, and in particular the room we were allocated was disappointing and not of the standard I was expecting or believed I had booked. As we were so disappointed, we went to the Savoy to see if they could after all accommodate us during our stay and this was arranged for 1 night out of the 3 I had booked. Having been able to compare both hotels, it was clear that Savoy was by far the superior, which left us feeling agrieved. I do understand that this issue was not the fault of A1 Travel, but I would be very pleased to receive some feedback from them regarding this.