“2 Day Presenter Course” - CAVEAT EMPTOR

Guest's review of The Presenter Studio www.presenterstudio.com

““2 Day Presenter Course” - CAVEAT EMPTOR”

Written on: 16/09/2012

2 Day Weekend Fast Track Presenter Training Course from The Presenter Studio.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

I attended this course given with lots of enthusiasm. I left initially feeling it was a good experience with good people who know and work in the industry and a glossy website. But now feel I have mixed feelings over it. It’s overpriced for what they say they provide too.

Sadly I have been disappointed by things after, eg. the showreel/taster tape disc which came in the post with no note, no consultation or feedback is allowed it seems prior to the final product. All that arrived was just a plain disc with my handwritten name scrawled on it, not even in a padded envelop nothing to identify it as being from them. It looked amateurish.

I have a reasonably nice showreel, but it was costly and I feel they overcharge for what they do claim to offer, and I personally have not seen any active talent after support for each person who was on the course, only perhaps a selected few. They claim to put you on their talent database and supply possible future work your way, however in practice after the immediate period of the course and receiving the showreel, I have not heard from them at all, not even on a mailing list to indicate I am on any talent database/mail list, so that has been quite disappointing. I did try to make contact but got a fairly snappy response, they don’t take criticism well, aside from when actually on the course face to face.

To make any tiny simple change to the showreel/taster tape I was told it would cost £100, which is excessive in my opinion, in the end I found someone who did it for me in a few minutes for free!

Of course each person is unique, therefore it is a unique product but more worrying was feedback I received from an agent on my taster tape who said she has seen a lot of these and they use pretty much the same format, so I was left quite upset after realising some agents know what to expect on the product and some don’t actually like this fairly predictable format. My overall impression I got from the course is they are lovely people, but whether it gives you the edge or opening to the media industry from this route, I doubt it very much.

Overall it would be greatly improved if there was more after support for every individual not just a select few.