Virgin Trains: Unfair, Unreliable & Unacceptable service.

• Reliability

• Cleanliness

virgintrainssux's review of Virgin Trains

“Virgin Trains: Unfair, Unreliable and Unacceptable...”

Written on: 13/02/2012 by virgintrainssux (1 review written)

Pre- Booked a 1st class single fare from London to Liverpool, pay 50 GBP by creditcard and got a confirmation number by email. One day prior to travel I went to collect my tickets at the ticket machine. Enter number, get ticket and receipt. No problem so far.

The trip: conductor agrues with a fellow passenger about the validity of her ticket. According to him it's not valid because it was booked with a different Credit Card! "Read the small print in the terms and conditions madam" the conductor replies. After this he comes to me and I hand him the ticket. He replies that the ticket is not valid because I am missing 2 pieces. Weird as the machine only spewed out 2 items: the ticket + receipt. Normally you would expect to get a receipt after the order was completed, right?

Although I have a receipt of the ticket + proof of purchase + Ticket confirmation number the conductor insists I buy a new ticket. Since I have an appointment in L'pool I agree.
"That 'll be 211.50 pound sir".....WHA WHAAA...WHAT ? "That 'll be 211.50 pound sir".....
I remind him I just want buy a single one way ticket, not to buy the whole train.
"That 'll be 211.50 pound sir".

So I end up spending 261 pound for a one way ticket London- Liverpool.

At liverpool there's no one at the Virgin customet service desk to provide just that: customer service. They ship me off with a leaflet and the remark "It's in the fine print of the Terms and conditions sir".
We have internet, twitter, email, digital bank accounts, even when I misplace my parkingticket a parkingmeter attendant can check whether I have paid or not, EXEPT for Virgins Trains. They Ripped me Off because....THEY CAN...IT'S IN THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS !

Long Live Airtravel ! I'll NEVER take a Virgin train again.

• Train