disgusting go toys r us

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

simbacat's review of Smyths Toys - www.smythstoys.com

“disgusting go toys r us”

Written on: 21/02/2014 by simbacat (1 review written)

I bought my daughter a innotab 2 baby for her first birthday from Smyths in chadwell heath from the minute she opened it had problems with it just thought it was a bad toy my child was having another tantrum because the touch screen wasn't working properly and was turning off every time she dropped it from sitting height. I had had enough and I rang vtech they told me it was faulty and to return it to Smyths. This is is where the fun begun.
The women at customer service tried the innotab and got her manager straight away as she couldn't even work the touch screen. When the manager came over he tried to tell me that the screen was fine dispute his staff telling him its not working seconds before and started to twirl the tablet around to try and prove it was not turning off. I took the tablet and dropped it from the height my one year old does and it turned off. I explained I had spoken to vtech and they said to exchange it he then told me that didn't matter as he didn't think there was a fault. I thought I'm not being fobbed off so I rang vtech while in the store lucky enough was the same women explained how the manager was being and she asked to speak to him you could tell he wasn't happy with what the lady was telling him and he was stood there lying he was touching an icon repeatedly and it wouldn't select it as he was telling the vtech lady was fine I pulled him up on this which he didn't like. After getting off the phone he told me that the women on the phone was allegedly from vtech implying I had just rung one of my friends. He then said he had to ring head office I requested to be present at this phone call as he had been lying a trying to find a way out of replacing the faulty innotab since he walked over. He went off to get his head office phone number and was gone for about 20 minutes so I knew he was ringing them without me present so I got online and WS in the process of trying to get through to Smythe head office myself when he returned. He was very sheepish and told me that he would do it, while in the process of getting me a new one not a whole new box by the way he opened one and kept the sticks from the new one as my one year old had lost hers, he told me he could still refuse to swap it if he wanted to,I told him to do that but I'll kick up more of a stink than I already am, he changed the innotab in the end.
The whole service is disgusting and embarrassing to be stood in a store defending the fact I have got a faulty product when even the product maker is telling them its faulty how the hell is this man their manager no hope for the store or it customers stay away and go toys r us

• chadwellheath

Branch Visited

Visit smythstoys.com

Smyths_Toys_Superstores's Response to simbacat's Review

Written on: 26/02/2014

Dear Customer.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our Chadwell Heath branch and sincere apologies for any upset or disappointment caused.

We would like to further investigate this matter for you and request that you submit your complaint via our Online Help Centre.

One of our Customer Services Represenatives will then be in touch.

Regards