Disgusting customer service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Strat1's review of Smyths Toys - www.smythstoys.com

“Disgusting customer service ”

Written on: 04/02/2014 by Strat1 (1 review written)

Our closest store is over an hour away. At the weekend whilst visiting Kidderminster my 3 year old spent some birthday money on a toy story car for £30. By Monday the car had fallen apart much to my boys distress! I contacted customer services and explained that we live an hour away could I forward a picture and deal with it all via post. They refused point blank! AVOID PURCHASES FROM THIS COMPANY. In future I will stick with the likes of Amazon and Argos who not only sell the products cheaper but would have assisted without any issues.

• kidderminster

Visit smythstoys.com

Smyths_Toys_Superstores's Response to Strat1's Review

Written on: 05/02/2014

Dear Customer.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am sorry to hear of this issue with your purchase and apologies for any upset it has caused.

Our Returns Policy states that items purchased in store must be returned to a store for inspection and the appropriate form of redress.

I appreciate this is not ideal as you live a distance away from store and would like to remind you that you have up to 12 months to return any items which you believe to be faulty.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Bridie
Customer Services Dept
Smyths Toys Superstores

Strat1's reply to Smyths_Toys_Superstores's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2014

For a company as large as yours this just isn't good enough!! I've learned a valuable lesson though so don't worry, such a shame a 3 year old had to learn this lesson too!!!!

Smythstoysvictim's Response to Strat1's Review

Written on: 19/02/2014

I have had the same experience. Smyths Toys. They want to make their returns policy as difficult and inconvenient as possible, in the hope that the customer will let matters drop. Think about it ........ what difference does it make whether the item is returned by post, or in person ?

I will never ever use Smyths Toys again, and I speak to a lot of people !

Smyths Toys need to understand that it is the customer who pays all the wages, and createsall the profit. Without loyal satisfied customers they will all be picking turnips for a living !

smythstoys.com