First ever visit was left disappointed!

Ross1949's review of Legoland, Windsor

“First ever visit was left disappointed!”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by Ross1949 (1 review written)

We as a family decided to go away for the bank holiday.
We decided to stay at the holiday inn express which was very nice.
We arrived to check in an grabbed our tickets an we're excited to sett off to lego land.little did we know what going away in the bank holiday was going to be like.
We arrived at 1:pm an got in with our tickets.
To cut a long long story short the ques for rides were between 75 minutes to 90 minutes long we started to que for the log flume ride but in the end come out of the ques due to one of our children needing the loo.
The only ride we went on was Atlantis, one ride out of the whole day!
At one point it was that crowded I was trying to pass people an was just being totally ignored.
In the end I was that stressed out I decided I couldn't take no more an just wanted to go back to the hotel.
I felt so upset like I had let my children down.
On the way out I decided to go to one of the help desks an enquirer if I could get any sort of refund the lady was so apologetic as I explained that we had been on one ride out of the whole day an utterly disappointed I was.
The lady gave me three passes for the next day to go on three big rides.
We never went back the next day.
We went an had a day out in London instead.
We feel like we wasted money for nothing absolutely nothing.
I apologised to the my children as I felt I had let them down an my children who are 8an 9 were so grateful that we had even been there an that meant more to me than anything.
But again totally disappointed.
We payed all that money out for nothing an certainly wasted.
I very much doubt there will be a next time.

• 18.04.2014

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages

Ages suited for

Bobbybrain's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2014

I can see how you got to feel like this. We waited well over an hour for the laser ride. There was a period of 20 minutes when the queue just stopped and a rope went up in front. No explanation and the Legoland guy just disappeared. No apology when he got back - just 'there was a technical fault'. Queues for loos , coffees etc. some machines broken. No seating next to concessions etc.