A "Wow" on my doorstep!

MrTambourineMan's review of Legoland, Windsor

“A "Wow" on my doorstep!”

Written on: 07/09/2012 by MrTambourineMan (12 reviews written)

Strange that I haven't been to Legoland sooner given that it is practically on my doorstep, but I guess that is often the way with things that are on your doorstep (also the kids have been there with various clubs so it was never a priority).

Anyway I went last week as a little treat before the kids were due back at school and I was blown away. The place is fantastic! Yes, there are the usual honorific queues, but then I expected that the week before the schools go back. There is also enough little distractions (lego dinosaurs etc) to keep you (and more importantly the kids) distracted so you don't feel like it's just one day of queuing - and actually toward the end of the day the queues died down.

As you would expect from a company like lego you can buy (for prices not on the shy side) anything and every lego and although this is all a little overbearingly commercial it doesn't seem completely out of place in a theme park like legoland.

Would I go again? Do I have a choice is the better question. The kids are already planning next year and we are already starting the hunt for cheaper tickets etc.

• august

Date of visit (month/year)

• Under 12