Relaxing & Wonderful experience

• Location

Guest's review of rocky-peak Holidays Ltd - www.rocky-peak.com

“Relaxing & Wonderful experience”

Written on: 18/11/2013

I would certainly recommend Rocky Peak Holiday as they so efficiently put together a package consisting of accommodation, transport & train trip for us according to the number of days we had available. They organised not only our train trip for us but also a pick up by coach from Banff to Calgary & a flight to Toronto, the next leg of our journey Trying to organise a flight was a bit of a nightmare, on line, as there were
hundreds of airlines & so confusing. Rocky organised that for us which was great.
We didnt want to 'do' one of these tours that are on offer (having previously done a European one which was ok really if you're short of time)They are so rushed and mind boggling with the amount of info delivered in such a sort time) We wanted to get the feel of the places we visited by taking our time & having more time to enjoy so we set about booking & organising our trip ourselves online.

Not knowing (We're from Australia) about Rocky Peak Holidays I contacted 'Rocky', thinking it was the Rocky Mountaineer Train company, to inquire about the train trip & I received an email requesting my availability dates which I supplied & was pleasantly surprised when they put a 'package' together for me. Everything went smoothly & we were very pleased. We did the East to West passage. Starting in Vancouver & finishing in Banff. On the train our host was very efficient all the while giving us a running commentry on the history of the area & pointing out the highlights etc. The scenery was spectacular and I loved the way the water followed us all the way through the rockies changing its name to atleast 4 rivers from memory. All in all it was a great experience & the meals were good with tea/coffee/refreshment readily available.

The only downside was that the second day seemed very long (13hrs)caused in part by the goods trains, which were hundreds (or so it seemed) of carriages long.

I would certainly recommend "Rocky' to anyone who doesnt want to do one of these cruise/coach trips on offer but instead want to pick out the bits of interest to them to savour & enjoy without the rushed 1/2hr here & there, which sometimes are only to 'view' rather than experience at your leisure.
Thanks Rocky Peak holidays!

• Other