Lifetime Adventure

• Location

Suerush's review of Think Galapagos - www.thinkgalapagos.com

“Lifetime Adventure”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by Suerush (1 review written)

Since being a child and first reading about Galapagos and Charles Darwin, it has been a lifetime ambition for me to visit these enchanting islands. I heard about Think Galapagos for the first time in an article published by a local newspaper group a few years ago and by pure coincidence came across it on the internet. After initial inquiries to Rachel, I was hooked and knew I would be safe travelling on my own but as part of one of their groups.
I cannot speak too highly of the organisation and attention to detail both throughout the booking of the holiday and the trip itself.
I shared hotel rooms and a cabin with someone I didn't know but I think Rachel had matched us up perfectly and knew we would get on like a house on fire and hopefully we will now be lifelong friends!
There was nothing too much trouble for Santiago on the trip, he had to cope with various specialist food requests, altitude sickness remedies, tummy bugs, travel sickness, instructions on how to snorkel!! All manner of other things which was no trouble to him and always faced any problems with a smile.
It was an experience I will always treasure and lived up to all my expectations and more. The week in Ecuador was fascinating and filled with so many memorable things, from rain forest night walks, early morning bird watching trips, standing on the equator, visiting indigenous markets, eating in wonderful restaurants. This was all leading up to the second week, flying on to the Galapagos Islands and moving on to the launch for a week. After the expected initial bout of sea sickness which was over in 24 hours, we were treated to a wonderful week of flora, fauna and sea life. We walked among sea lions, iguanas, blue footed boobies, albatross, swam with sharks, penguins, sea lions, turtles, rays, spent time on wonderful beaches of white sand, sped over the Pacific racing a huge school of dolphins in a motorized dinghy, gently floated through the mangroves among golden rays and turtles in bright sunshine. The weather was perfect, not uncomfortably hot, always a nice warm breeze. It was a sad day when the last day came, but even then we were up before dawn ready to visit an island of bird life before breakfast and then the start of the long journey home.
The guides in both places were hand picked and could not have been better, both young men passionate and so knowledgeable about their surroundings.
I would highly recommend a trip with Think Galapagos for anyone, experts in birds and animals or tourists!! Obviously, there has to be an interest in wildlife, it's not a lazing about beach holiday!! I had lost 6 lbs when I got back which was a great surprise considering the amount of lovely food I had eaten!!
A wonderful experience all round, never to be forgotten and highly recommended.

• Boat