Not a English Speaking Tour

• Location

Guest's review of Discount London Tours - www.discount-london-tours.com

“Not a English Speaking Tour”

Written on: 17/05/2012

I was really disappointed that Discount London Tours DID NOT disclose that their English Speaking Tours are sometimes paired with another Language Tour. If I knew my tour would be conducted in the English and Spanish languages, I would not have joined. Instead, I would have joined and happily paid for an English Speaking Only Tour. I felt it was dishonest that the company did not advertise our tour to be MULTILINGUAL.

Aside from that very annoying and displeasing factor (my biggest complaint), our tour guide was great and she was very knowledgeable.

If not for the fact that the tour was falsely advertised as English Speaking, I would have given this tour 4 to 5 stars.
I was annoyed I had to listen to another language that I could not understand and was upset that I was not informed that it was multilingual tour - at least give me the choice and information so I can PURCHASE what I desire and not be falsely misled to join a tour I did not want.

I wanted the Stonehenge, Bath & Salisbury Cathedral Tour by Discount London Tours ENGLISH SPEAKING ONLY. I would have been happy to pay full price and not be tricked into choosing this tour because there was a 15% off promotion.

• Bus

Tour Operator

• Location

By Eurotraveller4

Written on: 18/05/2012

I'm sorry about this - it's certainly not our intention to mislead anyone.

Most of the tours are English-speaking, but Evan Evans also operate a few tours in Spanish and in Japanese. Depending on booking numbers, they may operate these as separate tours or together on the same coach with a multilingual guide.

Unfortunately this is not something we know in advance. We know what days the Spanish and Japanese tours operate, but don't know whether they will run separately or together.

I have added a FAQ page to the website to cover some of the questions/issues raised by these reviews.

Regards, David