DON'T FALL ILL!!!

• Location

Jenny430_0's review of Archers Holidays - www.archersdirect.co.uk

“DON'T FALL ILL!!!”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by Jenny430_0 (1 review written)

My friend and I have recently returned from a cruise booked through Archers, "Baltic Capitals" aboard the Costa Luminosa. Our departure date was 24th May 2014.
I unfortunately was taken ill only 24 hours into the cruise and diagnosed with pneumonia. I was told by the ships medical staff that my condition was potentially life threatening and that I was too ill to continue with the cruise. I was taken to a hospital in Helsinki but the doctor here felt I did not need to be admitted into their hospital but advised continuing with the cruise with treatment in the onboard hospital.
HOWEVER Costa's refused to let me travel any further and disembarked myself and my friend onto the quay side in Helsinki in the rain!! We were not offered not further advice or assistance and were left to make our own way home.
I have contacted Archers since and they seem very uninterested in our treatment. They seem to find it acceptable that 2 women, one of which was very poorly were left stranded in a foreign country and had to find their own way home.
I was extremely ill when I arrived home and need four weeks off work, two of which were on complete bed rest.
All that said, the Cruise was very poor, full of bad mannered Italians who pushed and shoved to get to the buffet. My advice is stay away and shame on you Archers!!!

• Boat