Superb torch for country living

From 1 review

PeteGolfer's review of Maglite 2D Cell LED Torch

Maglite 2D Cell LED Torch

“Superb torch for country living”

Written on: 22/12/2011 by PeteGolfer (11 reviews written)

To place this review into context, we live 1/2 mile outside of a village, 200 yards off a lane with open countryside on two sides of us. I have therefore always felt the need for a torch which has the capacity to illuminate an area 100-150 yards away.

Previously we have had a succession of rechargeable '2 - 3 million candle power' lanterns. These have done the job but the rechargeable battery doesn't hold a charge for long and they die after about a year (won't hold a charge).

A friend advised me to try an LED torch and after reading a few reviews I ended up looking at the Maglites. I then decided on the 2 battery one (2 * D size batteries) because of physical size.

The Maglite is the right size (about 250mm long by 40mm wide) feels like a quality peice of equipment (made of aluminium not the usual plastic) and the illumination is superb. I can easily light up a spot 150 yards away and the quality of the LED light is also noticeably differnt to that given off by a standard bulb.

I've had it nearly a year now and it's still running on the same batteries and I really can't actually find anything to critise about this torch. definitely one to consider if you need/want a high quality torch (mine cost £22).

• Under 1 Year