Destroyed for life by this product

Guest's review of Crest White Strips

Crest White Strips

“Destroyed for life by this product”

Written on: 22/02/2013

I used Crest Whitestrips Classic in 2007. They never put in their directions to protect your lips with Vaseline before using the product and because they didn’t, I’m ruined for life.

I always prided myself on my naturally beautiful red lips and I never used lipstick in my life. I bought their product to whiten my teeth and followed their directions perfectly. I even wiped my mouth of saliva with Kleenex, when I used their product, so none would get on my lips. But somehow when I used it for the second time on my bottom teeth, some did get on my bottom lip- although I don’t know how.

After 30 minutes, I took the strip out, rinsed and to my horror, saw a white spot near the center of my bottom lip. I couldn’t believe it! I tried not to panic and washed it and thought that after a few days it would go away. It didn’t. Then I thought it would go away in a few weeks. It didn’t. Then I called various people in the medical field, who said that even though the Whitestrips might have bleached it, my body would slough it off and my lip would return to normal color in a few weeks to a few months. It didn’t. I consulted a couple lawyers and they said to not even think of trying to sue Crest, as they are too big and too powerful a company to fight and I’d never win. So then I got desperate and even went to a couple healers, but no one and nothing can bring the color back to my lip.

I’m stuck with a very visible white spot on the bottom of my lip and I’m devastated about it. People tell me to get over it, to cover it with lipstick and go on with life. But that’s beyond the point. This company had a responsibility NOT to put this product on the market if it caused things like this to happen and they were suppose to put the warning in their instructions when it came out and I would have followed it. Now I’m permanently destroyed and no one can fix me. The mental anguish that I go through on a daily basis when I look in the mirror and see that it will never go away and knowing that I have to live with this horrid flaw that was cause from using their product, is more than a terrible price to pay for trusting in their product and company.