Fire in the house!!

Guest's review of Dualit 4 Slice

Dualit 4 Slice

“Fire in the house!!”

Written on: 17/02/2013

Looks nice. Makes nice toast if you have your wits about you first thing in the morning.

If you unplug it after use (as Dualit recommend to avoid the fire hazard), you will find that when you do want to use it you have to remember to plug it back in. Sounds obvious, but the timer switch makes a loud clicking noise which gives you the impression it's making your toast, when in fact it is simply clicking loudly round and the toaster isn't switched on. This is a bit annoying but the problem is only that your toast is still bread.

But more annoying is the fact that your timer will stop working at some point and if your toaster is plugged in and the timer hasn't finished, it simply heats and heats and heats until your kitchen is on fire.

Unless of course you are standing there watching it make your toast for you as Dualit recommend. Then you can turn it off when you spot the fire.

I feel most aggrieved about this because £200 is an awful lot for a toaster and now my husband can say, "I told you so".

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Cindyv's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2013

I bought this toaster because I loved the look of it in my kitchen, and I felt that Dualit was a good brand so this toaster must be very well made and it will last a very long time. Very disappointing!! The timer switch has stopped working and now I have a fire hazard in my kitchen! I could go to many lengths to try and fix the switch, but for the money that I paid for this toaster, I should not have to. I really thought that I was purchasing a toaster that I would be using for many, many years. Well, not going to happen. Too bad, I really like the way it looks in my kitchen. I wonder how it would look as a door stop?

Burnttoast's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2013

Yes, the toaster is a disaster. See my experience at dualit.wordpress.com for the horror story and the fix.

Mona.h's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2013

i don't think that i need extra annoying stuff in my home

Johnwataboy's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2013

I would never trust any toaster unattended. I always stay with it until the toast is done.

Burnttoast's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2013

See my comments and "fix" at duakit.wordpress.com People need to be warned!