Is there a recipe Change!

Fuerta's review of Heinz Baked Beans

Heinz Baked Beans

“Is there a recipe Change!”

Written on: 23/08/2013 by Fuerta (1 review written)

As a senior Citizen I have been a Heinz beans fan for many years,and must say they were one of mine and my childrens favourite standbys for snacks and quick meals,but recently they have been going in the bin.
I always buy the four pack so when I first noticed the awful taste and the thick almost puree sauce,I thought it was a dud lot,but alas no.I have tried three different times now and still the same.It is now with regret that I must find another brand to love.Can someone from Heinz shed some light on this disgusting change.It looks like they have liquidised all the reject beans and added them to the tin.What happened to Quality Control ?

Xj797434's Response to Fuerta's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

I agree. They are mush. No proper 'bean juice' any more. Ruined with modified starch thickeners. Hard to isolate beans from the starchy gloop. This week we tried heinz organic. At the moment they are ok. Smaller bean but good taste and tomato sauce.