Why The Change?

Guest's review of Heinz Baked Beans

Heinz Baked Beans

“Why The Change?”

Written on: 18/03/2013

At 33 I have been a life-long adorer of Heinz Baked Beans. However, in recent months I've noticed a huge difference in the taste, despite there being no mention of a recipe change on the packaging. The change isn't subtle either, and to be honest, I haven't taken enough mouthfuls to detect exactly what the difference is; I only know that they now taste REVOLTING to me and am throwing them away. I had perservered, thinking that maybe I got a dodgy tin, or a particular Supermarket got a bad batch, but whereever I've purchased them from in recent months, they all taste the same. I am sooooo very disappointed, as I've bought Heinz Beans forever; but sadly, No More.

Fishtaster's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2013

I agree completely with this review. Heinz and many other manufacturers notably those taken over by big American companies are now shafting us with rotten quality at sky-high prices. Heinz soups also taste disgusting nowadays,. I will never buy Heinz again, or Bassetts sweets (in fact most chocolate bars have become as small as they have nasty), or Jacobs cream crackers. Marmite is also profoundly unpleasant now, but I used to love it.

When will Soylent Green appear on the shelves?

The reason these manufacturers have begun selling high-priced muck is because they think people can't be bothered to tell the difference. Well, I can, and I won't buy it.