Great little theatre!

From 1 review

janesmith1975's review of New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich

“Great little theatre!”

Written on: 22/10/2013 by janesmith1975 (36 reviews written)

I have been to the big theatre, with the big shows and they are great. I have never been to those smaller theatres the amateur dramatic groups perform.

A friend had a spare ticket to see As You Like,a modern adaptation of the Shakespeare play being performed at the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich. I have often passed it but have never been inside.

Parking was great, with a car park right next door, which goes underneath the Theatre. Just a two minute walk, perfect as it was raining that night. The price for parking is fantastic too - just £2 and opens late when the theatre has a show on.

The theatre had a warm atmosphere as you entered and the staff were all very friendly and helpful and refreshments didn't cost an arm and a leg either.

I really enjoyed the performance and will definitely be going back, both for the experience and the impression the Wolsey gave me on my first visit. I think the idea of supporting aspiring actors and small independent plays is a great idea and I think the New Wolsey does that just fine.

They also offer workshops for all ages, behind the scene tours and special ticket offers. Think they'll be seeing me again very soon.