Faulty infrared heaters

• Durability

• Comfort

Dampdog's review of Gala Tent Ltd www.galatent.co.uk

“Faulty infrared heaters”

Written on: 19/12/2016 by Dampdog (3 reviews written)

We recently purchased 4 x Infrared heaters part No 07273 for fitting in a farm shop.We have installed hundreds of infrared heaters with never a problem but 2 x bulbs in these heaters went dead after 1 weeks use.
One bulb was replaced but this died the next day.
Gala tent will not offer a warranty on these bulbs as they say they were either knocked in the post or we damaged them.
BUYER BEWARE cheap rubbish and poor customer services

Galatents's Response to Dampdog's Review

Written on: 15/02/2017

We are sorry to hear that you have had 2 bulbs that have stopped working, this is very unusual. Due to the fact that bulbs are fragile items they are not covered under the warranty, however we do protect your bulbs for 48 hours after delivery so if they are damaged in transit we can send a replacement. We have offered a discount from any replacement bulbs you require as a goodwill gesture and this offer remains open should you need this, Kind Regards Gala Tent

Dampdog's reply to Galatents's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2017

We had 3 x bulbs blow.2 x within a week,1 x replacement within a day.
They were packaged very well by gala tent and handled with extreme care by me as I know they are fragile and the glass should not be touched.
If they weren't damaged in transit and not damaged by me why did they blow ? The replacements from another company are working well so I assume the originals were faulty. To have 3 x bulbs blow like this shows they were of faulty manufacture and should have been replaced under the sale of goods act.