A 10 in one Remote for One Pound???

From 1 review

MrTortoise23's review of Signalex 10 in 1 Remote Control

“A 10 in one Remote for One Pound???”

Written on: 14/04/2017 by MrTortoise23 (2 reviews written)

SIGNALEX Ten in One Remote control bought from Poundland @ £1. I could see it was made from that light 'cheapo' plastic though the blisterpack. Upon opening the pack, the remote felt as cheap as it looks. I dont need it to look expensive so no problem. I took the back off to insert some AAA batteries, the cheapness of the product shone through the battery compartment lid that still had the thin pieces of plastic from the moulding process still attached. I just pressed them off with my finger. Not a problem. The cover went back on fine. I had a look at the instructions. Broken english makes a mess of some sentences. (Step 1: Open the switch of the remote control you want to control.) Whaat? remotes dont have switches and neither do switches open. I read through the rest of the four different ways of setting it up and could get what it was trying to say. I used an automatic method by holding a button down and my TV turned off when the correct code was found. It worked. Well, kind of worked. The power button, number buttons, volume and channel buttons now control my TV set, although the volume controls are back to front so down is up and up is down and the menu button does nothing. Another negative is that if the batteries are removed (or even knocked by placing it down too hard) it needs to be set up again. Overall it's kind of what i expected for a pound. Get this only as a very temporary replacement. Good value, not so good product. but useful none the less.

Pharezking's Response to MrTortoise23's Review